In 95% of cases, the dermatologist can give you an advice and treatment plan based on photos, so without a physical appointment. In doing so, the dermatologist will always be attentive and ask themselves whether a physical appointment is beneficial.
If it turns out that your specific skin condition does require further examination in a practice, we will make sure you can visit the nearest Skindr dermatologist as soon as possible .
Absolutely. In most cases, a skin condition does not disappear overnight, and we want to provide patients with appropriate care throughout the entire healing process. The dermatologist decides when you can start a (paying) follow-up consultations to follow up on how your healing process is progressing, make adjustments as needed or provide a new prescription. During the online follow-ups, you can upload new photos of your condition and ask questions to your dermatologist.
Through the chat in the platform, you can ask all your questions to your dermatologist, just like in a physical consultation. Our dermatologists are happy to help you with your concerns and will always provide concrete answers to your questions about your skin condition. You can ask them throughout the consultation and at follow-up appointments.
These remain open for one week to accommodate additional concerns. After a week, your dermatologist will close the consultation. So be sure to ask your questions within that week.
There is no reimbursement for a consultation via Skindr. For an in-office consultation with a dermatologist, you pay between €50 and €90 in Belgium. Most dermatologists charge €55 for an in-office consultation. €21 of that amount is reimbursed through your health insurance. In most cases, you pay about the same via Skindr. The average waiting time for an in-office consultation in Belgium is 4 months, but 6 months or more is no exception. With Skindr you get an answer within 48 hours and you don't have to travel.
A consultation with a dermatologist via Skindr costs €39. The doctor reviews your information and photos and sends you an advice and possibly a prescription for the necessary medication. You can ask additional questions to your dermatologist via chat.
To use Skindr, you must be at least 18 years old. As a parent, however, you can request a consultation for your minor child. It works as follows:
1) You will be asked to upload photos and provide a description of your child's skin condition.
2) Then you can check off who the consultation is for. You can enter your child's information.
3) Finally, fill in your own contact information .
You, as the parent, will do the communication with the doctor. Of course, this can also be used for other family members or persons you are acting for.
Waiting times in dermatology add up to several months. Skindr wants to actively address this by improving communication with your dermatologist. The dermatologists affiliated with Skindr try to answer your consultation as soon as possible and usually within 48 hours. Weekends and nights are excluded from working hours.
1. After registering, you can upload photos of your skin condition and give a detailed description to the dermatologist via your smartphone.
2. Your dermatologist may ask for additional information or additional photos. If necessary, the dermatologist will contact you by phone.
3. The dermatologist will give an advice and suggest a treatment plan. Any prescriptions for medication will be added immediately on your ID card.
4. You will receive a notification from Skindr when your doctor has responded.
5. The have the opportunity to ask additional questions through the platform until the consultation is closed by your dermatologist (usually after one week).